Friday, August 15, 2008

I don't know how mom's of twins do it...

So today I was baby sitting for my friend while she went on a job interview and all I have to say is WOW! I don't know how mom's of multiples do it. I had 2 babies, Jack who's 1 and Miles who's 10 months and Allie and Lily who are 3. The girls played pretty well, other than the occasional shrieking (which I really need to do something about.) Well, so I thought, until we headed into Lily's room to clean up so that they could move onto something else. That was when I found it pink marker writing on the wall! and the door!

I'm not sure if you can see what Lily is pointing to, but if you click on it you can see it is the pink marker. I had already cleaned up the "big one" before I thought to grab my camera *grin*.


Cleaning it up with a baby wipe; thank goodness for washable markers!



But seriously the girls did play really well; it was the boys who gave me a real run for my money! One would go one way and the other would you guessed it, go the other! Things were a little easier once I got some of the "hot" places gated off. But. WOW! how do moms of multiples do it? Things got a lot easier when Miles went down for his nap and then Jack nursed.

Speaking of nursing; I was sitting on the couch nursing Jack before his nap and Allie and Lily were playing with their baby dolls and Lily came over to see what I was doing and...
She said, "What are you doing?"
I said, " Nursing Jack"
She said, "Why do you have milk in your boobies (that was her word choice, not mine)?"
I said, "to feed babies."
She said, " No, that's what bottles are for."

It's funny how kids see things differently, Allie will pretend to give her babies "nummies" (that is what we call nursing) and Lily imitates what she sees her Mom doing.

We had lots of fun while Melissa was at her interview and we even managed to get cleaned up and outside!

Thank goodness we cleaned up, huh. No one would want to come home to this mess! But, at least they had fun.

This is what Melissa came home to instead, much better, huh *grin*.

To all of you who have more than 2 kiddo's I take my hat off to you and say, "WOW! Great job!"

Here are some other fun shots I got of the kids that day, enjoy.

My budding little drummer*hehehe*

Oh no, a camera in her hand already!

This is my favorite picture of the day, he just looks so sweet *sigh*.



No comments: