*Warning* This weekends random thoughts are especially random! My thoughts are all over the place! So here we go!
1. Even almost a week later, I still can't wrap my head around all the has happened in Haiti! My family has a special tie to Haiti, my mom is the Executive Director of Haitian Ministries and she travels there numerous times a year. In fact she was scheduled to be there this past week with a group of UCONN students and the trip was cancelled because my dad needed foot surgery. Thank goodness for the angel that was watching out for my mom (and the group!) The mission house in Port-au-Prince was destroyed in the earthquake and they had three staff members trapped in the rubble and their daytime guard is still missing! The three staff members were rescued after 3 other staff members dug through the rubble by hand!
2. Did you know:
*For any child in Haiti older than 18 months of age, this is the 5th natural disaster that they have survived!
*38% of the population in Haiti is under 18 old!
*10% of children in Haiti are restaveks (slaves!)
*Before the earthquake there were an estimated 400,000 orphan's in Haiti; a nation of orphans!
*Operation Pedro Pan is a possible operation to bring Haitian orphans out of Haiti to the United States to be adopted. It is formatted and named after the same mission performed in Cuba.
*May GOD bless the littlest victims of this tragedy!
3. Okay, I told you I was all over the place, so switch gears! I am sitting on the couch
4.Yesterday I finally took down all of Christmas, except for the Tree! Tomorrow I will tackle the tree and have Matt take it down when he gets home next weekend. I have had fun rearranging and sprucing up the house! I am also trying to be a little more minimalist in what I put out. I am liking it, a lot *grin*!
5. This week I launched my new Sialia Photography website I am so excited about it! Don't get me wrong, I loved my old website, but it was time to update. Check it out, I would love to know what you think!
6.Time to switch those gears again! Have you ever thought of adoption? We have been, don't think I am crazy and this isn't something that we are rushing out the door to go do, but it is something that we are giving a lot of thought to. We are especially thinking of Haiti, this has been the country that we have thought of for a while (because of my moms involvement.) We'll have to see how things go. There are some things that we would like to have in place before we do more.
7. We are thinking of moving back out towards where our families live. Right now, we are an hour and a half from family! It is too far! Matt has been researching homes in the area where our family lives and I can't believe how much the cost of housing has come down in that area! I just hope that our house hasn't taken too much of a hit!
8. I don't have a green thumb! Just ask my mom, she'll tell you! But this winter I am trying my had a forcing some bulbs. Mainly sparked by a parent at school who gave me one already started. Tomorrow I am starting some paperwhites and hyacinths. I just wish that there was a way to keep them from bending towards the light!
9. A couple of months ago, we switched Jack to a Toddler bed and it has been going great! Until this last week and he has been waking up a couple of times a night and coming into our room and getting into bed! Ugh!!! So, the other night I set up the pack-n-play and he has been sleeping in there. I hope that this is just a phase and that I will be able to transition him back into the big boy bed sooner than later, but I just can't take getting up during the middle of the night!
10. Okay, now that I have given you all whiplash, I am done! I hope that you all have a wonderful week!