Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Monday, March 30, 2009
2. What makes mommy happy? "listening"
3. What makes mommy sad? "throwing things"
4. How does your mommy make you laugh? "by doing somethin funny"
5. What was your mommy like as a child? "like me"
6. How old is your mommy? "6 years old"
7. How tall is your mommy? "9 4 5 6"
8. What is her favorite thing to do? "Play memory game"
9. What does your mommy do when you're not around? "work on the computer and putting pictures on it"
10. If your mommy becomes famous, what will it be for? "don' know!"
11. What is your mommy really good at? "finding something on the memory game"
12. What is your mommy not very good at? "growing plants"
13. What does your mommy do for a job? "teach the kids"
14.What is your mommy's favorite food? "Macaroni"
15.What makes your mommy proud of you? "listening"
16. If your mommy were a cartoon character, who would she be? "I don't know"
17. What do you and your mommy do together? "make pictures"
18. How are you and your mommy the same? "we're both girls."
19. How are you and your mommy different? "you wear pants and I wear dresses."
20. How do you know your mommy loves you? "by hugging me."
21. What does your mommy like most about your daddy? "hugging each other!"
22. Where is your mommy's favorite place to go? "To Grammy's house!"
Well, there you go, know you know what Allie thinks of me!"
If you would like to show your support for MckMama or just read what other people had to say go here and check it out!
Saturday, March 28, 2009
1. My new computer came yesterday! Yeah, no more desperatey trying to get the old one to charge.
2. I miss my old computer! The new one is really nice don't get me wrong, in some ways it is nicer than the old one, but I miss the old one.
3. I am excited to have a bunch of friends over today with their kids!
4. I hope that God's plan for baby Stellan is what we have all been praying for! I can't even imagine what that poor family has been going through this past week.
5. I am watching the kids play in the tub! So cute! Kind of makes me sad that someday realatively soon they won't want to take baths together.
6. We are thinking about getting Allie (and Jack) a bunny. Last night we went to Tractor Supply, to see if they had any (they usually do this time of year) and they didn't have anyleft. So now we are back to thinking about it and trying to find someone selling some...
7. I can't wait for the weather to really change over to spring, the kids and I played outside a couple of days after school this week and it was so NICE!
8. Over vacation I think I am going to take the plunge and paint our hallway bathroom. All three of our bathrooms need to be painted, the woman that we bought the house from painted all three bathrooms with the same AWFUL moss green sponge painting! I can't stand it, makes me feel like there is moss growing on the walls. Well, the hall bathroom is the largest so I think I will start there, hopefully it will be the easiest to paint!
9. Sunny Saturdays are the best! So glad that the rain is staying away!
10. Please continue to pray for baby Stellan and his family!
Friday, March 27, 2009
Leave a comment and let me know what you think.
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
I think that most of you who read my blog also read Mck Mama's, who doesn't? Well, this family is in great need of your prayers again. Sweet baby Stellan is sick and in the hospital again with the same heart problems that he had in utero. Please take a moment to click on the photo above and say a prayer for this sweet baby boy and his family, they are in great need of you prayers!
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Monday, March 16, 2009
Ahhh, it's Monday again and time for MckMama's blog carnival called "Not Me!" Monday and some good old free therapy.
I did not have to replace my laptop that is only a little over a year old! Nope not me!
I did not spend nearly all the money that I had saved for a new lens on my new laptop!
I did not walk barefoot at the beach yesterday, then tell Allie that she had to keep her shoes on because of the sand. No way, I am better than that and it wasn't just because I didn't want to have to clean the sand up on her too!
I did not forgo grocery shopping all weekend, just because it is one of those things that I don't like to do! I am way more responsible than that!
I did not take over 150 pictures while at the beach on Sunday! Nope, not me!
Jack did not fall off his tricycle and skin his chin! Nope, no way, that would never happen when I am around!
Now, be sure to head over to Mck Mama's and read what everyone else did not do this week!
Sunday, March 15, 2009
2. I had a root canal on Monday and boy oh boy do I feel better! And let me tell you, they aren't as bad as people make them out to be. I won't lie to you they are no picnic, you have more hardware in your mouth than a mom and pop hardware store but other than that and having someone poking around in your mouth it really wasn't so bad. They give you enough medicine to numb you up and then other than that not so bad. The only bad part is that I have to go back on Wednesday so that they can finish it up, it's not done in one day.
3. We finally decided what to do about my laptop. After talking to lots of different people and getting their opinions we decided that it would be best to replace it, because no one could guarantee us that they could fix it, plus it is an expensive fix! So after lots of driving around and shopping around we finally bought a refurbished DELL this morning! And the best part is that I didn't have to use all the money that I had been saving for my new lens!
4. Business is picking up since I launched my new site. I have 4 new bookings!
5. Today we had a great day with our friends the Heenan's! It was so nice to see everyone and spend time together and catch up. Plus what great weather we had! Good Friends + Good Weather= A Great Day!
6. We spent a good part of our visit at the beach! You heard me right at the beach, it was so nice to feel the sand between my toes and the sun on my face! I can't wait till we have more of these days!
7. Jack rode on a bike/tricycle for the first time; he was so cute he just straddled the bike and walked along. Good thing for his helmet too, because he fell over the handlebars and if he hadn't had a helmet he would have probably gotten really hurt.
8. We bought both Allie and Jack new helmets for riding their bikes.
9 & 10. Sorry, I've got nothin' for ya! I just can't think of two more random thoughts!
Hope you have a great week!
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
Moral to the story keep babies away from folding attic stairs!
Saturday, March 7, 2009
1. My weekend has gone down the drain... I went to the dentist this morning for a tooth that I have had sensitivity in for a while now and at my last cleaning I mentioned it again to the dentist and she had me start using a prescription tooth paste and said to give it a couple weeks. So, I did and it is more sensitive than ever and over the past week it has been hurting when I don't expose it to triggers. So long story short, I went in and she tested it and she thinks at the least that I need to have the old filling removed and a new one put in. However, more likely, she thinks that I may need a root canal! OUCH!!! Double ouch it is going to cost a LOT!
2. There goes the money that I have been saving to by my new lens for my camera and get my computer fixed!
3. I am so frustrated at the lack of interest in my photography! It really makes me sad, I have posted fliers in a few places as well as putting some stuff up on Facebook. I don't get it! It is so frustrating, I really want to be doing more, scratch that, some photography.
4. My new dentist appointment isn't till Monday, because they couldn't do a possible root canal on a Saturday! This is gonna be a long, hurting weekend!
5. That means I need to make sub plans, JOY!
6. On a lighter note, the weather here was GORGEOUS this weekend, I mean really, it was 65! and we are supposed to have more of the same tomorrow!
7. I'm not looking forward to the time change, both how it will affect me and how Allie and Jack will sleep!
8. Jack starts his speech therapy on Wednesday! I am so excited! I can't wait for him to start to be more verbal! Even if it is just making more sounds, which is what they are going to start working on first.
9. I can't wait for spring to be here for good! I just heard that we are getting snow in the next few days! Yuck!
10. My tooth and jaw hurt hurt!
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
Sunday, March 1, 2009
2. I know I have said this before, but I really have spring fever and knowing that we have another MAJOR winter storm coming really isn't helping. We are expected to get around 16 INCHES. Yup, you read that right 16 inches, 1 foot and 4 inches!!! I seriously can't take it *grin*!
3. 3 1/2 year olds still need naps... We had such a busy weekend and Allie was SO GOOD yesterday at the aquarium. I mean seriously good, she hardly missed a beat and I don't think we had to talk to her the whole time we were there. Well, today was a different story, she was on the verge of falling apart most of the day!
4. When your 3 1/2 year old needs a nap, do yourself a favor and scrap YOUR plans and stay home so that they can nap. You will thank yourself for it. This is what we SHOULD have done, but we didn't... and we payed for it.
5. The DC Jack on my laptop has come loose and now I need to decide what I am going to do about it. It cost $250 to fix it, which really doesn't make too much sense for me, since the computer only cost around $300, when we bought it last year. I really don't want to invest in a new computer right now, I was hoping to get a new lens and camera body before I needed to replace my laptop! What to do, what to do?
6. Facebook is so addicting... need I say more!
7. I really need to change the background and header on my blog! Need to find something that I really like!
8. Stop and Shop (which is a grocery store, for those of you that don't live in the northeast) now has these scanning guns, kind of like the ones that you use to make a registry at Babies R' Us or Target. Anyhow, I tried one today when I went grocery shopping, and I thought that it really helped, keep my bill in check because as you shop it gives you a total so you know how much you have spent. The other thing that I liked was that you are bagging your groceries as you put them in your cart, so you don't have to take them all out at the register, which saves time.
9. Plus I am starting to get coupons and how they work. Well, at least a little bit and this afternoon I asked at the service desk if they except competitors coupons and they did, they even took a $10 off coupon from Big Y! I was really surprised and really glad.
10. Not sure how I feel about the snow day that we will most likely have tomorrow. I really would rather not have another snow day, because this means that we will now not end on a Friday, but on a Monday! YUCK!!! But, having a three day weekend is kind of nice...