Saturday, May 23, 2009
2. Today was so nice, we didn't do much. Well, we had planned on taking the kids to the Peabody Museum to see the dinosaurs and play in the Discovery Room. Unfortunately Matt and I didn't check the hours and when we were about 20 minutes away I was checking the website for the address and realized that they close at 5pm on Saturdays! Boo! We would only have an hour there. So we decided to go tomorrow instead! Oh well!
3. I want a maid, nothing crazy just twice a month. Someone who can do the cleaning that I don't have time for and don't like to do, like washing the floors and cleaning the baseboards!
4. Tuesday will be Matt's and my 8th anniversary!
5. I have a baby girl shoot next Sunday that I am so EXCITED about! She is 3 months old and the daughter of one of my sorority sisters from college! She is so adorable and I can't wait to spend the day with them next Sunday and see another sister of mine after the shoot. It is going to be such a fun day, I can't wait! Say a prayer for some beautiful weather next Sunday *grin*!
6. I am dying to hear about the I ♥ Faces contest, I would just love to be part of their blurb book. If you click here you can see Una's sweet face, look in the second collage top row far right *grin*!
7. I am addicted to my new iPhone! Never thought I would say that, but I am. I am going to try starting a new photo challenge, where I take one photo a day with my iPhone and edit it with iPhone apps and then post it. We'll see how it goes...
8. 20 DAYS LEFT OF SCHOOL!!!
9. This weekend has been one of death and carnage her at out house, both of Allie's fish died and out of the 5 butterflies that hatched we only had one survive to release this morning. All five hatched, but the weather has been so wet and cold, we haven't been able to release them and when I went to go get them this morning for release there was only one still alive and it was just barely hanging in there. So we quickly released it on our deck into the potted flowers!
10. I can't believe that Allie will be 4 in 6 1/2 weeks! Where does the time go?
Have a great long weekend!
Oh, does anyone know how to do a strike though on blogger?
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
I know that I posted this picture last week, but bear with me. The girls over at I ♥ Faces are hosting a contest this week and are putting together a Blurb book with their favorite face pictures. This is the image that I am entering, it was a tough pick for me, I was debating between this picture and a picture of Allie from Daffodil Hill, last month.
I am submitting this photo into the www.iheartfaces.com Blurb Book photo contest. I am granting I ♥ Faces permission to use my photo in a printed version of a book for commercial use and possibly advertising of a photo book on both the Blurb and I ♥ Faces web sites.
Monday, May 18, 2009
Wow, it's been a while since I have done a Not me! Monday post! Well, here goes nothing...
1. I so didn't wait around all morning on Saturday to get satellite TV installed just to find out that we don't have a clear line of sight! And I certainly wasn't annoyed at the tech, no way, not me!
2. Later in the day on Saturday, Matt and I took the kids to one of Matt's RC races and I totally didn't have the kids watch from the car, because I didn't want to have to chase them around the dusty dirty track. No not me and for that matter we wouldn't even have gone *grin*!
3. Last Wednesday when I went to get a pedicure after work, I didn't spend the whole time on my phone checking and responding to email, playing on Facebook and reading New Moon. No way, not me, I would spend that precious time relaxing!
4. I am not counting down the days left in the school year and I don't know that there are only 24 left! Nope, not me!
5. I so don't have a bag of lavender on my desk that I sniff regularly during the day to try and stay relaxed! Not ME!
6. You wouldn't have caught me last week putting Jack to bed in a disposable diaper, because I didn't have any clean cloth ones! NO WAY, NOT ME! But, if you did catch me doing that you would know that it was a good thing I had that one left over from when we started doing cloth last year, cause there wasn't a clean diaper in the whole house!!!
Well there you have it all the things that I didn't do this past week! Now head over to MckMama's and check out what she didn't do and read what everyone else didn't do either!
Have a great week!
Saturday, May 16, 2009
2. This afternoon we took the kids to one of Matt's RC races. I don't usually have the patience or interest to go (sorry Hun) but the kids had a great time! I thought Jack was gonna jump out of his carseat (we watched in the car, because the weather was threatening) and run on to the track.
3. Why, oh why do my kids wake up SO early on the weekends? Allie was up this morning at 6ish. Thank goodness Jack slept till after 7:30!
4. I am counting down the days left in the school year, I can't wait for summer days, shorts and flip flops, going to the beach and spending the days with MY kids!
5. I have been trying to figure out what we are going to do for Allie's birthday this year, I really want the party to be somewhere other than our house. I know that sounds awful, but we are leaving for vacation shorty after her birthday and I just want to have the party be a little easier for me. We have it narrowed down to a party at a bead store, where the kids make their own bracelets, Build a Bear, or at Stew Leonard's Princess Party. Stew's is a big dairy store in CT/NY and they have a party room where they hold children's parties. The only thing holding me back about the bead party is that I don't think the boys will be that into it... so we will see.
6. Matt and I are getting ready to watch the NASCAR All Star Race and I am wishing that we were there! We went the spring before I was pregnant with Allie and we had SO much FUN!!! I would love for us to go to a race this year.
7. Jack's speech is making so much progress! He is saying more and more and most importantly trying to say more and more. I am so PROUD of him!
8. I guess you know you like a song when you Shazam tag it TWICE! I ♥ Muse, Starlight!
9. I had so much fun earlier this week photographing Una and her brother Sammy, the daughter of our friends Pat and Joan. I can't wait see what these pictures look like printed, they are gonna be amazing, even if I do say so myself.
10. I am still trying to decide which lens to buy. As Matt would say, I can't make decisions. I am still wavering between a $500 lens and a $200 dollar one! I know you would think that would be the decision right there, but I want to be sure that I am getting the lens that I am going to LOVE!
I hope you all have a great weekend, what's left of it!
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Sunday, May 10, 2009
2. When you don't do laundry ALL week long it makes for a LOT of laundry to do on the weekend!
3. By a lot of laundry I mean, 10 loads and 2 more loads of diapers!!!
4. The nice weather today was great! It felt so good to be outside and soak up the sunshine!
5. Mother's Day was great! Jack slept past 6 am! YAY! The kids gave me their gifts that they made me at school, so cute and Matt got me a book on Rob Pattinson... still not sure what I think of that. Don't get me wrong, very sweet of him; it's just that it kindof makes me feel like I am in high school *grin*! Then Matt and Allie went to visit his mom and Jack napped here, which meant some quiet time for me. Then the family came and Matt cooked dinner. Thanks hon!
6. There are 29 more days left of school, not that I am counting or anything!
7. I am so excited about an infant shoot that I have coming up!
8. I dyed my hair red this past week and I LOVE it!
9. I wish that money grew on trees like I thought it did when I was a kid.
10. Allie went home with my parents to spend the night with them, so I need to get off the computer and spend some time with my hubby.
Friday, May 8, 2009
Saturday, May 2, 2009
2. Allie saw a friend a the park and it was so cute when they realized the other was there *grin*! They gave each other big hugs and were so excited!
3. I am hoping to get a new cell phone tomorrow. I really want an iphone, but I just don't see it in my future right now, they are just too expensive.
4. There are just 35 days left of school!!! YAY, then it is a different life for 2.5 months! Can you tell I am excited? I can't wait for summer vacation to get here!
5. I can't believe that Allie will be 4 years old in just a little more than 2 months! Were has all the time gone, it seriously seems like just yesterday that I was pregnant with her!
6. I can't wait for summer, it means... sleeping in, playing outside with the kids, days at the beach, bike riding, trips to the water park, sleepovers, vacation to Maine, eating outside, fireflies and so much more!
7. Jack is talking so much more and just trying so much more than he had before. Even his speech teacher said she was really pleased with how he is doing!
8. The weekends are too short, where do they go? I can't believe that it is already half over.
9. My photography business is really starting to pick up, thanks to the nice weather! Go here to check out what I have been up to lately *grin*!
10. I hope that everyone has a great weekend and has a chance to get outside and enjoy some nice spring weather!