Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Waking Baby


My baby boy isn't sleeping well again. This is unfamiliar territory for me, Allie has always been such a super sleeper. Dare I say this, she slept through the night at 6 weeks. I mean through the night, from 10 pm to 6 or 7 am. Well I have felt everyones pain, because Jack didn't sleep through the night for the first time until he was 8 months old and he hasn't been very consistent about it since then. Some times he sleeps for 10 to 12 hours and other times he wakes up 2 or 3 times.

We are back to one of those not sleeping well cycles. To start he has a cold and an ear infection (poor little guy), but for the last 3 nights he has been waking up at least 2 times after going down and last night he was up 3 (I think) and I finally ended up bringing him to bed with us. Which I don't mind doing but then no one sleeps that well. I sleep but not that well, I am always worried about where he is and I end up in one position, which isn't too comfy.

I hate to say it, but tonight when he woke up a little while ago I groaned. I just wish that I could figure out how to help him sleep through. Does anyone have any suggestions?
*The photo above is one of my favorite sleeping photo's of Jack, doesn't he look so sweet.

No comments: