Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Updates


Wow, I can't even believe that it is September 2nd. The last week has been so busy; I haven't had a chance to do any posting since my Pitty Party post. Sorry about that, sometimes it just feels good to get it all off your chest. Thanks for putting up with me, oh yeah it is my blog *grin*, but seriously thank you for your kind words of encouragement. I am feeling much better.

Last week was such a whirlwind, between getting myself back into the school routine and getting the kids into their "school" routine. Being a stay-at-home mom is busy and there is lots to do but, now that I am back to work, it is all about time management and getting things done. I have to say that my least favorite part of my evening routine is making lunches. I don't know what it is about it, but I just hate doing this. The kids school is in the process of building a new school and they will be moving in November or December and when they do they will be including meals. A part of me (that part that hates making lunches) can't wait and the other part of me doesn't want to give up the control of what my kids eat. For the most part my kids eat pretty healthy. I try not to have a lot of processed food for them and I try to use mainly organic. So, do you see where I am going with this; I don't think that the food the school will be providing will be comparable to what I choose for them. Please I work in an elementary school and I see what passes for healthy school lunches and there is no way that I want my kids eating that stuff.

We had such a great weekend, well two thirds of it was great. Saturday was not one of Allie's finest days. Just to quickly fill you in, it was a rough day, she and Jack went out with me to do errands with my friend Melissa. We started out at Once Upon A Child and she was okay there and then we hit the dollar store next door and she unraveled a little more and then when we hit a quick lunch at McDonald's (I know, I know) she officially started to fall apart and ended up in time out. I should have bagged it from there but I needed to finish my errands so we headed to Target and full melt down. When I say melt down I mean nuclear melt down, complete with stares from strangers. At this point I don't even remember what started it but my oh my did she fall apart. I even had to switch her into Melissa's cart and took Lily. Finally I called Daddy to come get her, but it wasn't that easy. He was a half hour away AND he hit traffic getting to us. I ended up waiting for him in the parking lot at our car, with Jack in the car napping and Allie sitting in the shopping cart and me sitting on the card rail, because she was sobbing uncontrollably. For those of you reading this that don't know Allie, this is TOTALLY out of character. She is usually so easy going and well behaved. Thank goodness that is over and with any luck we won't have another day like that.

Sunday we visited Matt's mom in the nursing home and then the kids and I went to my parents house for the day, well it was supposed to be the day, but we ended up staying over and leaving in the morning. We had such a great time, we went swimming in the pool for our last summer pool swim and had a fire in the fire pit, which Allie loves; especially the s'mores that go with it *grin*. Yesterday was really busy, we drove back from Grammy and Papa's and headed to the beach with Melissa and the kids and it was great. I just love going to the beach; we sit at the waters edge and let the kids play and swim, there is just nothing like it. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE pool swimming but the beach is great with little kids!

My plan is to try to catch what remaining summer moments are left and enjoy them, winter is just around the corner, coming quickly and will last too long in my opinion. How are you planning on capturing the summer moments that are left?


2 comments:

Lori said...

sounds like you had a pretty good weekend. hope your week goes well

Charity said...

I have SO been there. Sounds like you handled it well and managed to have a great weekend. Soak up the last bits of Summer before it's all gone!