Saturday, September 6, 2008

Weathering Hanna

What is left of hurricane Hanna has reached us in Connecticut and she still has some punch left to her. We are in the midst of a Tornado Warning! and getting a TON of rain. In the last couple of hours we have gotten 5-6 inches of rain in our town and surrounding towns.

Today I was supposed to go to my friend Meg's son Luke's 3rd birthday party this afternoon/night and we decided not to go because of the weather and with all that is going on I am feeling pretty good about that decision. Allie and I had both really wanted to go but we will plan another time to get together.

I have to say that living in the northeast, tornado warnings FREAK me out! Not to say that they don't freak out people in other parts of the country, but here in the east we just don't experience this that often and it is scary, you don't know what you should do. Do you go to an interior room once the warning is issued, do watch the weather on the news and go to an interior room when they confirm a tornado. There is just so much what ifs. Plus it is nighttime now and that just makes it worse because you can't see anything outside.

Plus to make it more aggravating we keep getting the warning come across the top of the T.V. and it cuts out the sound of the weather we are watching and it says to tune into channel 12 for more details. But, when you do you get QVC and no further details about the weather! Grrr!

Hopefully by the time we go to bed the weather will have calmed down a bit.

2 comments:

Lori said...

hope you weather the storm well!

Melissa said...

AT LEAST you don't have four leaks in your ghetto rent a home like we do.. and water at least an inch in our basement.. LOL
If you get this, I am going to bed, I will call you tomorrow.. I am beat that drive kicked my ass.
xo