Saturday, August 8, 2009

Random Weekend Thoughts ~ Potty Training Edition

*** UPDATED***


1. I am spending lots of time so far sitting in bathrooms and cleaning up accidents, but we are keeping it positive.

2. The upside of spending all this time in the bathroom is that my bathrooms are going to be the cleanest ones around! I might as well clean it if I am gonna be in there *grin*!

3. Potty training a boy is definitely uncharted territory! In some ways things were easier with Allie, but I am going to "shape" Jack into a potty pro, little by little!

4. I am wishing that I had started this earlier this summer, that way I could have him farther along before school starts.

5. Sometimes I think that he holds it while he is on the potty just to pee in his underwear. LOL!!!
6. I am definitely glade that this is my last time going through this *grin*!

7. So I thought that it would be easier on me and the floors if we did some of this potty training outside. So out we went, with Jack in a t-shirt and bare bottomed and can you believe that he managed to find the one carpet outside under my parents screen house and POOPED! Yup, and then walked through it a couple of times in his crocks before anyone noticed! Awesome, huh! So I still managed to end up needing to clean up a yucky mess, even outside!


8. So I still haven't actually seen anything in a potty but I am hopeful that I will soon! I hope! The book that I read said to watch for your child's signs that they are getting ready to go or going and I just haven't seen them yet! I think I will or maybe I will just get LUCKY and get him to go in the potty and then he will kinda get what we're working for *grin*!

9. So incase you are wondering I am going with no Pull-Ups, we are going with thick training pants (that are so cute) and rubber covers (when we are out!) I did the whole Pull-Up thing with Allie and I just think that they are a waste of time, they are just pull up diapers. Finding the training pants isn't easy though, I thought for sure Carter's or maybe even OshKosh would sell them, but nope! I have only been able to find them at Walmart by Gerber. Thank goodness someone still makes them! I do think I need to get another pack or two, or I am going to be living in my laundry room and bathroom *grin*!


10. So I think this next week we are going to be spending a lot of time at home, outside, away from carpet and furniture, with training pants or bare bottoms and living a la natural!


P.S. I really wanted to put a couple of cute pictures of Jack in this post but they are on my camera and my card reader is at home, so I won't be able to put them on until later, so if you want to see the little cutie check back later *grin*!

1 comment:

Lori said...

let me know when you figure out the magic to potty training a boy! I hope Jack figures it out for you and soon