Monday, August 17, 2009

End of Summer

The end of summer is fast approaching and it makes me sad.
I don't want to go back to school in two weeks,
I don't want my kids to go back to daycare,
I don't want to be a teacher at this point in my life.
I don't want to do my photography just on a part-time basis
I want to be home with my kids,
I want to pursue my photography on a full-time basis,
I want to be able to put me and my family first.
I want to be happy and being here makes me happy!
I just simply do not want to go back to work.

3 comments:

Lori said...

hugs! sometimes we have to do what we have to do even if it's not what we want to do

Charity said...

I SO know how you feel. I felt that way the entire 6 years I worked outside of the home. I feel for you! Wish there was more I could say...

MamaBear said...

I feel for you Jessica! I am the photographer I always wanted to be, but now I wish it was a little more part time and not at the same time I'm holding down two other part time gigs. This economy is tough! I'm not sure how you promote your business, but you certainly have the talent to do it full time! It's taken me two years to build a client base through word of mouth advertising. It all started when I offered friends (and family) free sitting fees. A few friends I do all their portraits for free and give them a CD - but for the most part what has made my business grow is the free sittings (they have to purchase prints through me then) and those friends showing their pictures to other people.

Keep your chin up and keep taking more of those beautiful photographs!