Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Random Thoughts and Catching Up

The kids are both in bed and it is snowing outside, again! and I have some time to do a little blogging. I haven't been doing as much of this lately as I would like but things have been busy and I have really been trying to not use the computer when the kids are up, they just end up seeking out my attention in less then pleasurable ways. For instance Jack whacks at the keyboard and last week he ended up disabling part of my photo editing software and it took forever to get it fixed!

Well, lets see where should I begin... well last week Allie was diagnosed with Scarlett Fever, so she and I were home from school one day for that. Thank goodness Jack hasn't gotten it (yet). And for any of you who are interested, Scarlett Fever is not what it was a generation ago, it no longer brings along other health risks; it is basically strep with a wicked rash and when I say wicked I mean it. Poor thing already has really dry winter skin and then to top it off an itchy rash, she just wants to crawl out of her skin.

Jack turned 18 months old yesterday and I can't even believe it. Where has the time gone? We have his 18 month check up tomorrow and I think I am going to request a birth to three screening for his speech. He really isn't talking and I know, I know, he is a boy AND he is the second child. However, he really doesn't say anything and I think that by now he should at least have a couple of words that he uses reliably. This weekend I think I am going to try and do a photo shoot with Jack, try and get some pictures of him at 18 months! Well, first he needs to get a haircut, his hair has gotten a little too shaggy.

I had my first engagement photo shoot this weekend in New York City and it was AMAZING! The couple Courtney and Andrew were great and the weather was perfect for pictures! Well, other than the fact that it was only 20 degrees out. The first 10-20 minutes that we were out it was really cold and then you kind of went numb and then it wasn't too bad. I had so much fun, it was so different than photographing babies and children and I really enjoyed it. I can't wait to photograph some more adults. This is one of my favorite pictures from the day, if you are interested in seeing more go here.


3 comments:

Lori said...

hope everyone is feeling better now. I just finished setting up getting Blake's speech evaluated. I hope you can get some answers. I will say if you are really concerned push it even if they say he doesn't need it. Until you get him tested by the actual speech person it is just q & a standard stuff

Alicia W. said...

I hope your little girl is much better by now. Congrats on your photoshoot in NY - I love the mirror picture.

Charity said...

I hope Allie is getting better! And maybe you already know this, but Albert Einstein didn't speak until he was three. I had a neighbor whose son didn't talk until a little after two and she got him tested and everything too and he is now talking up a storm. You are smart to be dilligent and take precautions though. I commend you for that!

Oh! And the engagement photos are awesome, I so wish we would have done something like that a hundred years ago when we got engaged :) Now it's ALL about the kids!