Monday, October 13, 2008

Fried Fish, Carousels and Kites

Oh, I thought that I had posted these already... oops! On Monday we went out to were my parents live and I met up with some girl friends and their kiddos. We met at Lenny and Joe's for lunch. Well as you can see from the picture below, we managed to get 5 kids to sit at one table and the adults at the other! Can you believe it? We couldn't. For the most part they did great and I don't think that they bothered anyone. After lunch we went on the carousel and they had a great time. Allie and Luke took Jack on the Lobster and they did great and Jack stayed put!











After several carousel rides and ice cream Meg and Luke headed home and Sue and the girls, Liz and Allie and Jack and I headed over to Hammonasset State Park, to Meigs Point to fly our kite. It was great kite flying weather, the kite popped right up and stayed up for about a half hour. Which was great because it gave the girls all a chance to fly the kite. Then all of a sudden the wind changed, I think the tide changed and the kite just about fell out of the sky and no matter what we did we just couldn't get it back up.


All in all this was a great day. It was so good to see Meg, Sue and Liz and all the kids. I just wish that we all lived closer!

Posted by Picasa


2 comments:

Lori said...

looks like a fun time for all!

Alicia W. said...

I bet it was a beautiful day! :o)